8/07/2008

Chicken Enchiladas

5 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 medium onion
8 oz. cream cheese (fat free works)
1 cup milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can salsa
10-12 flour tortillas (I use Costco kind, they are dee-lish!)
1 small can sliced olives
Shredded cheddar cheese
Chopped green onion

Pre-heat oven to 350*. In one bowl, mix together chicken, onion and cream cheese. In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, soup and salsa....this is your sauce! You can mix this in the blender if you want less chunks. Divide chicken mixture into as many tortillas for easier rolling. Place in a sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan side by side. Pour sauce over the tortilla rolls. Sprinkle black olives, chopped green onion and cheddar cheese over the top. Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Serve like lasagna, cut into squares.

*This recipe is a regular at our hosue. I like to omit the green onions, I add green chilies instead. Tasty!

No comments: